38th Annual Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Awards
On September 21, 1976, agents of Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet detonated a car bomb that killed IPS colleagues Orlando Letelier, a former Chilean diplomat and director of the Institute’s Transnational Institute, and Ronni Karpen Moffitt, an IPS development associate, in Washington, DC. Each year in October, the Institute for Policy Studies hosts the annual human rights award in the names of Letelier and Moffitt to honor these fallen colleagues while celebrating new heroes of the human rights movement from the United States and the Americas.
2014 marks the 38th annual Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Awards ceremony.
Join IPS as we honor Robin Reineke, Colibrí Center for Human Rights in Tucson, AZ and the Mesoamerican Initiative of Women Human Rights Defenders. There will also be a special recognition award for lawyer, human rights activist, and UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, Juan Méndez.
Please consider supporting the Institute for Policy Studies by sponsoring this year’s Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Awards Ceremony.
- Truth Trailblazer - $50 each; Admission for one
- Human Rights Revolutionary - $250 each; Admission for one. Your partnership will be recognized in the event program.
- Peace Pioneer - $1,000 each; Admission for four. Your partnership will be recognized in the event program. Includes special edition event poster and a copy of Chuck Collins' book "99 to 1."
- Justice Juggernaut - $5,000 each; Admission for six. Your partnership will be recognized in the event program. Includes a signed special edition event poster, copy of Chuck Collins' book "99 to 1," and a DVD copy of Saul Landau's film Will The Real Terrorist Please Stand Up.
- Dignity Defender - $10,000; Unlimited number of guests. Your partnership will be recognized in the event program. Includes special edition poster signed by ALL staff, signed copy of Chuck Collins' book "99 to 1," DVD copy of Saul Landau's film, Will The Real Terrorist Please Stand Up, and a private reception with award recipients.
Official tax reciepts will be sent after the event indicating the portion of your sponsorship package which is tax-deductible!
For further information on Letelier-Moffitt sponsorship, please contact IPS Development Director Angelique Been at 202-787-5235.
A donor has generously subsidized the cost of student tickets. If you are a student and are interested in attending the Letelier-Moffitt Awards, please contact Christina Curtin at email@example.com or 202-787-5272 to learn more.
A limited number of tickets are available. Please add us as a sponsor for the event and purchase your tickets today to ensure a spot.