Challenging the U.S. War on the Atmosphere
Join us for a dynamic teach-in event that will be a prelude to the People’s Climate March (PCM) and explore concrete ways that we can fight back in our states, cities, and communities to advance a just climate agenda and to roll back the extractive economy.
Through creative interaction, this teach-in will engage, teach, entertain, and inspire climate justice activists to go back from the march and take action in our communities.
- Jacqueline Patterson, Director of the Environmental and Climate Justice Program, NAACP.
- Jordan Estevao, Senior Strategist, People's Action.
- Lyn Taylor, Coordinator, Marylanders for Energy Democracy and Affordability (MEDA)
- Jeremiah Lowery, Climate Justice Organizer, Chesapeake Climate Action Network
- Denzel Mitchel, Farm Manager, Five Seeds Farm & Apriary
- Chris Woolery, Program Coordinator, How$martKY at Mountain Area Community Economic Development.
Moderated by Director of IPS's Climate Policy Program, Basav Sen.
This is part of the Spring event eeries, IPS on the Offense: Big Visions for State and Local Power.